Temecula, CA
The City That Shines Through The Mist
Area Code: 951 - Zip Code: 92592

Map  |   Home


  PLAY         HOTELS         GOLF         JOBS         MOVIES         RESTAURANTS         SHOPPING         DIRECTORY         NEWS         REAL ESTATE

RACE FOR THE CURE NEWS

The URL you supplied is either not RSS or the site is down at this time. Please check the feed URL or refresh the page.

Temecula Annual
Susan G. Komen
Race for the Cure

Temecula Race for the Cure - Susan G, Komen

Susan G. Komen fought breast cancer with her heart, body and soul. Throughout her diagnosis, treatments, and endless days in the hospital, she spent her time thinking of ways to make life better for other women battling breast cancer instead of worrying about her own situation. Moved by Susan’s compassion for others and commitment to making a difference, Nancy G. Brinker promised her sister that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer.

Visiting Temecula and need hotel accommodations? click here


Visit Susan G. Komen's Official website

Though Susan lost her battle with the disease, her legacy lives on through the work of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the organization Nancy started in her honor. Komen for the Cure is the global leader of the breast cancer movement, having invested more than $1 billion since its inception in 1982. Komen’s promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. Across the country, that promise is upheld by a network of 122 local Affiliate offices. At the heart of each Affiliate is a person or group of people who, like Susan, wanted to make a difference.



Inland Empire Affiliate story 

The Inland Empire Affiliate incorporated in 1998 and hosted its inaugural Race for the Cure® in 1999. The Inland Empire Affiliate service area covers 27,000 square miles serving a population of over 4 Million residents residing in Riverside County, San Bernardino County and the Coachella Valley. Since inception, the Inland Empire Affiliate has awarded grants totaling nearly $4.5 million dollars to local non-profit organizations in the Inland Empire to fund breast health education, screening and treatment. 

Through events and donations, Susan G. Komen for the Cure is able to bring funding and hope to the fight against breast cancer. Each year the Komen Race for the Cure and Affiliate events raise significant funds and awareness for breast cancer, celebrating breast cancer survivorship and honoring those who have lost their battle with the disease. With pledges from these events and donations throughout the year, strides are being made to continue the quest for a cure. 

Each year, 75 percent of our proceeds are awarded through a grant process to local organizations. Each grantee conducts a program that offers breast cancer education, screening or treatment to residents in the Inland Empire area. The remaining 25 percent is directed to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure National Grant Program to fund research on a national and international level. Since the Affiliate’s inception in 1998, nearly $4.5 million has been given to local organizations that provide breast cancer education, screening, treatment, and patient support for the uninsured or under insured in the Inland Empire.

Get premium coupons in the Coupons.com Savings Club

 
    Top of page | Previous Page

New Page 1